With plenty of dining options, outdoor activities, and things to do pre- and post-tournament, Rancho Cordova offers sports event planners an array of benefits.
8 Reasons to Host Your Sports Event in Rancho Cordova, CA
- Convenient location 25 miles from Sacramento International Airport and easy to access from major highways.
- Sixteen hotel venues ranging from cost-effective economy options to four-diamond properties.
- A range of dining options including family-friendly favorites and more international cuisine.
- Beautiful year-round climate for outdoor play.
- A variety of event venues and facilities for your group gatherings.
- Close proximity to the world-class Sacramento State Aquatic Center on Lake Natoma.
- Plenty for families to do and see in the area, from learning about the Gold Rush to enjoying outdoor adventures.
- A team of local events experts at Rancho Cordova Travel & Tourism to help you plan the perfect tournament or event.
6 ways Visit Rancho Cordova can help your sports teams beat the competition!
Make sure that your team has everything they need to win the big game at your upcoming traveling tournament! Setting up travel arrangements for a full sports team is not without its challenges. Athletes need much more equipment on the road than the average traveler, whether they are playing Little League or an office league. Traveling sports teams want a place where they can unwind and enjoy their time away in addition to practicing and refueling. Let Visit Rancho Cordova help you plan while you oversee the day-to-day operations of the squad. Here are 6 useful tips to get your travel plans out of the starting blocks.
- Designate A Booking Captain: Whether you’re the coach, dutiful family member, or supportive team mascot, the role of booking hotel rooms for the entire team is a huge responsibility. Even though your first urge is to have multiple people help book, choosing one person to handle the booking will simplify plans, and communicating will be smoother.
- Plan Before You Book: First things first—find the best day for the first day of the trip. Once the first day is cemented, you can spread the word on significant travel so the rest of the party can begin planning. The more notice you’re able to give, the less chance of people getting dates wrong. And the best part about beginning as early as possible is this ensures low rates and priority booking!
- Book A Room Block with an Expert: With Visit Rancho Cordova doing the legwork for you, finding a hotel where you can block rooms will be the simplest part of your trip. Reserving room blocks ensures all team members receive the same accommodations and no teammate will be left behind. Visit Rancho Cordova will track down the very best hotel packages in the city. You pick. You win.
- Keep Close to the Venue: Booking a hotel close to the sporting venue can ensure a smoother stay and undoubtedly reduce stress. All team members being close to the sports arena will make pre- and post-game meetings simpler and cut down on travel time.
- Stay in a Hotel Close to Restaurants: Athletes are machines that burn fuel! Group dining options will ensure that the team stays together and doesn't get dispersed. Rancho Cordova has a wide variety of group-friendly restaurants that are sure to fit everyone’s taste and budget.
- Kid-Friendly Activities are a Must: Before or after the big game is a time for play and relaxation. While the team is away, be sure to book a hotel where activities are readily available to ensure maximum fun! Whether your team is young, or the entire family needed to join the trip, Rancho Cordova has everything from mini-golf to go kart racing. Visit Rancho Cordova can help in planning out an itinerary that is sure to make your team stay memorable.
Start planning your next sports event. Please get in touch or fill out our Sports RFP form below.