Established in 2010, but formally organized in 2011, the Rancho Cordova Tourism Business Improvement District ( increases district visitors, improves destination brand awareness and bolsters market share for Rancho Cordova hotels. Through robust marketing, brand positioning and relationship management, Visit Rancho Cordova continues to accomplish these goals for the Rancho Cordova community.
Rancho Cordova Travel Tourism (Visit Rancho Cordova) is soliciting brand development proposals, including brand pillars, positioning, strategy, archetype, and persona identification. Visit Rancho Cordova is not seeking submissions for logo, typography, colors or website services within this RFP (Request for Proposals). Having recently refreshed the website, colors and typography, these items would only be discussed as potential scope of work based on the findings and development of the Visit Rancho Cordova brand.
While Visit Rancho Cordova uses constant colors, typography, and logos, the emotive, strategic, and clearly identified brand pillars and positioning are in need of definition. Much like the Visit Rancho Cordova, the city of Rancho Cordova has grown and evolved at a rapid rate over the past ten years. This growth has brought more diversity, economic growth, young families, competitive infrastructure, and community pride to our city. For Visit Rancho Cordova, the organization has grown from a volunteer led initiative to a seven person team and growing! This brand work is essential to our DMO’s growth and consistency as we market our favorite city and
welcome you to our community.
Provide well researched and strategized brand structure within the first quarter of the 2023 calendar year. The goals of this project include:
- Brand Pillars: clearly defined, researched and stated within the values of Visit Rancho Cordova and destination character.
- Defined and well structured Brand Positioning and UVP including the voice, tone and cadence of Visit Rancho Cordova for each applicable marketing persona.
- Creative strategy for the identified Brand Positioning including, where appropriate, creative strategy such as tag lines, calls to actions and creative to experiential brand identity.
To reach these goals, Visit Rancho Cordova is now accepting bids in response to this Request for Proposal.
Scope of Work
- Conduct research (such as interviews, focus groups, surveys).
- Audit existing brand and marketing materials.
- Incorporate existing research, as provided by Visit Rancho Cordova.
- Define user personas.
- Define brand pillars, positioning and creative strategy.
- Create a brand guideline for brand voice, tone, cadence for each of Visit Rancho Cordova communication standards (internal, community etc).
Target Deliverable Schedule
Final Project Due: April 30, 2023
The expected project completion date is April 30, 2023. If this date needs to be adjusted, please include your readjusted proposed date, as well as your reasoning for shifting the schedule. All proposed date changes will be considered.
Existing Roadblocks Or Technical Issues
While Visit Rancho Cordova is anxious to complete this brand investigation, discovery and development, we recognize that this effort should be thoughtful, intentional and with a partner who can meet our standards for deliverables, budget and operate witting a reasonable time. As we seek to review RFP submissions in November, and award the project within December, we’d like to begin the project in January 2023. This aggressive launch is to assist our end of April 2023 goal. Please note that our team will be out of office the final week of December between the 24th to the 1st of January. We recognize that during this holiday season, our partner and their team will also be celebrating with family, friends and loved ones.
Current array of owned research is primarily available through Visit Rancho Cordova is limited and primarily indicative of marketing impact. Surveys, focus groups and additional destination research has not been conducted since before the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic.
As our website is recently migrated to a Craft3 platform, we are not seeking an RFP for website development or services in this request. Should an additional RFP become necessary, our brand development partners will be included in the discussion.
Our partners should be aware that during this brand development time, our team is also responsible for a sub brand, owned by the City of Rancho Cordova and managed by Visit Rancho Cordova. This brand would not be included in the RFP. This brand is only currently scheduled to be within Visit Rancho Cordova management until June 30, 2023.
Target Budget: $75,000
Requesting timely billing in quarters beginning with the signing.
Visit Rancho Cordova will evaluate bidders and proposals based on the following criteria:
- Previous experience/past performance history.
- Samples and/or case studies from previous projects.
- Projected costs.
- Experience and technical expertise.
- Responsiveness and answers to quest ions in the next section.
Questions Bidders Must Answer To Be Considered
- What is your rebranding process?
- Why do you think you are the best branding company for the project?
- Which agency would you recommend if your company was unable to submit a bid for this project?
- Tell us about your leadership and creative team members. Please be specific in leadership, communication and conflict styles.
- What makes you different from your competitors?
- Which of your team members will be doing the work?
Bidders must adhere to the following guidelines to be considered:
- Only bidders who can answer the 6 questions in the evaluation section should submit a proposal.
- Proposals must be sent in by November 30, 2022. Bidders who are interested in submitting a proposal should inform Leena Riggs at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 30, 2022.
- Include relevant samples and references with your proposal.
- A proposed schedule must also be included and clearly expressed. Any request in an adjustment to the schedule must be clearly reasoned and requested.
What We’re Looking For in Potential Vendors
Your team is familiar with Rancho Cordova, CA or can’t wait to meet Rancho Cordova! Your team provides clear and consistent communication to the Vis it Rancho Cordova team. Your team is passionate about destination marketing, management and stewardship. Your team understands the distinct community shared value that destination organizations, like Visit Rancho Cordova provides and how to help us strategically achieve our mission, vision, brand visitor promises and values. Your teams values are comparable to ours:
Welcoming, IDEA, Innovation, Stewardship, Community, Kaizen, Fun!
For questions or concerns connected to this RFP, we can be reached at:
916 460 8202