This event has expired and is here for your reference.
Taken after the famous footraces in Paris, Sacramento is set for its 10th annual Bastille Day celebration on July 14th in the Handle District. Get to the finish line as fast as possible without spilling water or dropping your tray to win!
No registration fee for the first 50 participants, so be sure to register early!
4:00pm - 5:30pm
Race Start Time
Two laps around the block bounded 18th & 19th streets, and L St. & Capitol Ave.
Long-sleeved or short-sleeved white shirt, Black pants, and comfortable shoes. You will be provided an apron, a napkin to drape over your arm, a bow-tie, tags with your number, a tray with a bottle of water and table glasses that will be 3/4 full of water.
1. No touching items on the tray once you have started.
2. Use only one hand to support the tray, balancing is from underneath (not holding it)
3. No changing hands once the race has started.
4. NO RUNNING, this is a speed-walking race. Runners will be disqualified.
5. Racers must walk on the street only (NOT sidewalks).
6. No unsportsmanlike conduct such as body contact or interfering with the other racers.
7. Check-in starts at 3:30 p.m. and all runners must check-in at by 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 14th. Check in at in front of 1801 L Apartments. The race starts promptly at 4:30 p.m!
1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be separately awarded for a men's division and a women's division. To participate, you must currently be on the waitstaff of a restaurant. Winners will be determined by the order of crossing the finish line with a dry tray. If there are not three dry trays within each division, then the prize winners in each division will be the contestants with the least amount of water spilled. Prizes in both divisions are:
1st Place - $500
2nd Place - $250
3rd Place - $100